Hunting for Office Wear
Needless to say, my wardrobe ain’t exactly packed to the brim with clothes suitable for my working life. So the hunt commences, and rather than walk aimlessly through all the shops browsing everything and anything (and trying everything and anything as I’m often wont to do.. then buy whatever looks flattering..). I decided to narrow the search down to 6 main “looks” i’ll be going for.
for details of featured items see here
- The Comfortable, Conservative Dress Preferably with sleeves, loose but still fitting (i.e. cinched at the waist.) For days when I feel fat, lazy to pick out my clothes and comfortable enough whilst I run errands and such.
- The Fancier Draped Thing Drapes are “in” this season, more so structured drapes. Preferably I’ll go for something that drapes beautifully from the bust to the waist, to create the illusion of a lengthened torso.
- The Pussy Bow Blouse Looks neat and is easy to wear, plus it’s feminine even with its collar
- The Comfortable Draped Thing with loads of excess material so it’s very comfortable. I wouldn’t mind something semi-sheer, and the peter pan collar is kinda cute too. The long sleeves means I won’t need to tote around a jacket/blazer! :D
- The Formal Tea Dress Looks vintage, hip and I love full skirts.
- The Modern Looking Shift Dress is an office staple but I’m hoping to get something with interesting design/cut/figure flattering detail. I really like the cut of the dress I’ve chosen above! :)